IMPROVED MARINE BOILER RELIABILITY. PHASE II. VOLUME III. SUPERHEATER AIR FLOW MODEL TESTS
This report presents the results of a three-dimensional cold flow model study of flow distribution in a marine superheater and the associated analytical work. Flow distribution in a marine superheater was determined as a function of physical characteristics and load conditions. An analytical flow distribution model was developed for simple one-dimensional flow. A heat transfer program was developed to determine tube metal temperatures using the model flow distribution results. This work can be used to predict tube metal temperatures in superheaters for design purposes. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
C-E Marine Power Systems1000 Prospect Hill Road
Windsor, CT United States 06095
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 273 p.
- TRT Terms: Boiler tubes; Boilers; Computer programs; Flow fields; Heat transfer; Mathematical models; Reliability
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Heat transfer); Superheaters
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-77018 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-6-38088
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM