CHALLENGE TO BETTER AGREEMENT BETWEEN THEORETICAL COMPUTATIONS AND MEASUREMENTS IN SHIP HYDRODYNAMICS. THE DAVID W. TAYLOR LECTURE (6TH)
Contents: Wave Resistance of Ships in Uniform Forward Motion; Hydrodynamic Forces on Oscillating Slender Ships; Wave Pressure on Slender Ships; Added Resistance in Waves; Concluding Remarks; Appendix A - Oscillation of a Ship with Six Degrees of Freedom. Appendix B - Theorem of Tuck and Relations Derived Therefrom.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD United States 20084
- Maruo, H
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Hydrodynamic pressure; Pressure fields; Thinness; Wave resistance; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wave forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic forces; Slender bodies
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00330017
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-80/046 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM