LARGE VESSEL MANOEUVRABILITY AT LOW SPEED
Possible improvements in the low-speed steering performance of vessels are discussed together with anchoring techniques. The vessels dealt with are all bulk and combination carriers in the size range 60,000 to 160,000 dwt and include PANAMAX type ships. Order from BSRA as No. 54,636.
- Paper read at Joint Meeting with the Nautical Institute, October 9, 1980.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Gilbert, S R
- Publication Date: 1980-10-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Combination carriers; Maneuverability; Steering
- Old TRIS Terms: Steering characteristics
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM