OSFLAG 8-SUMMARY REPORT ON THE WORK DONE AT GLASGOW UNIVERSITY ON THE STABILITY OF SEMISUBMERSIBLES
The broad conclusions of the investigation are that the present rules governing stability make the chance of a capsize condition developing very improbable, but that they are only just conservative and cannot be relaxed at present. If they are relaxed, trouble will be experienced with a tilt phenomenon which is not completely understood, but which is a very real experimental occurrence. A number of recommendations are made about further work on this subject. Order from BSRA as No. 54,654.
Glasgow (Scotland). City Council,
- Miller, N S
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Capsizing; Offshore platforms; Semisubmersibles; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform stability; Stability standards
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00329883
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAOE-HL-79-06
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM