SURVEY OF AUTOMATIC AND SEMI-AUTOMATIC SINGLE-STATION SURVEYING EQUIPMENT SUITABLE FOR USE IN SHIPBUILDING OPERATIONS
This technical memorandum reviews commercially available surveying equipment suitable for short-range accurate structural measurement work. Seven advanced instrument systems are described and illustrated. All these are considered suitable for shipbuilding applications where there are requirements for measuring large prefabricated structures to close dimensional tolerances.
British Ship Research AssociationWallend Research Station
- Lamb, C B
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment; Hulls; Measuring instruments; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Surveying; Tools
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull fit up; Shipyard tools
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00329781
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: TM No. 563
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM