HUMAN FACTORS IN BRIDGE DESIGN FOR A PILOT VESSEL
The object of the study was to consider human engineering requirements while designing a bridge for a pilot vessel. Equipment requirements were established through familiarization trips aboard pilot vessels and consultations with Royal Navy personnel. These requirements were built into a full-scale static mock-up at the Institute for Perception RVO-TVO, Soesterberg. The requirements, as dealt with in the proposed bridge design, are considered in detail.
Ministry of Defense (Marine), NetherlandsTorenstraat 172
The Hague, Netherlands
- Lazet, A
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Human factors engineering; Pilotage; Ships; Simulation; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Pilot vessels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00015511
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 21543/SB
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1973 12:00AM