CRYSTAL BALLS AND ROAD BUDGETS
The objective of this paper is to suggest why an increased emphasis on economic analysis is relevant at this time. The paper outlines the budgetary and fiscal context in which public sector transportation funding, and more particularly road funding, decisions are made. The general thesis is proffered that the federal budget sector will continue under tight constraints for the foreseeable future, that government flexibility with respect to current account outlays will remain limited and consequently specific purpose grants and other payments to or for the states will continue under tight rein. (Author/TRRL)
- Papers from Workshop on the Economics of Road Design Standards, Canberra, May 18-20, 1980.
Bureau of Transport Economics, AustraliaAllara Street
Canberra City, A.C.T. 2601, Australia
- LINARD, K
- Publication Date: 1980-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Conferences; Economic analysis; Federal aid highways; Federal government; Finance; Financing; Highways; Investments; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Federal budgets
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 257: Budget; 8525: Conference; 244: Financing; 183: Government (national); 2755: Highway; 227: Investment
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00329695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM