BERAEKNING AV FOERVAENTAD OLYCKSREDUKTION VID FOERBAETTRAD EFTERLEVNAD AV GAELLANDE HASTIGHETSGRAENSER (CALCULATION OF EXPECTED ACCIDENT REDUCTION FROM IMPROVED OBSERVANCE OF EXISTING SPEED LIMITS)
The document deals with research on expected reduction in the number of accidents and in the number of injured and killed persons on the assumption that it would be possible to achieve improved observance of speed limits through a new surveillance technique. The calculation was primarily made for the national roads limited to 70, 90 and 110 km/h. These roads can generally be regarded as rural roads. The results of the calculations for the national roads limited to 70, 90 and 110 km/h show that the expected accident reductions would be around 10% and 15% respectively for the two levels of improved observance. The estimate for urban areas shows that the number of accidents could be expected to decrease by about 5% and 10% respectively for the two levels of improved observance.
- Text in Swedish; summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- CARLSSON, G
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Methodology; Roads; Rural areas; Statistical analysis; Surveillance; Traffic crashes; Traffic surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00329165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-222
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM