FUNKTIONSPROVNING AV DUBBDAECK - FOERUNDERSOEKNING AV MOEJLIGHETERNA ATT KONTROLLERA DUBBDAECKS VAEGSLITAGE OCH VAEGGREPP (FUNCTIONAL TESTS OF STUDDED TYRES. ANALYSIS OF THE POSSIBILITIES TO TEST PAVEMENT WEAR AND PERFORMANCE OF STUDDED TYRES)
In 1979-1980 the National Swedish Board for Technical Development initiated conferences on the future of the studded tire and the possibilities for new designs with reduced pavement wear but still with good performance on compacted snow and ice. At these conferences it was stated that mandatory functional tests rather than restrictions concerning individual parameters such as the number of studs, protrusion etc., would promote the development of more effective stud designs. Therefore the National Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute was engaged to analyze the technical conditions for functional studded tire tests as a basis for legal restrictions.
- Text in Swedish; summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Ohlsson, E
- LIDSTROEM, M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability tests; Pavements; Performance tests; Tires; Wear; Winter
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329163
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-223
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM