TRAFIKPROBLEM I TAETORTER - TRAFIKSAEKERHETSLAEGET I TAETORTER (TRAFFIC PROBLEMS IN URBAN AREAS - TRAFFIC SAFETY SITUATION IN URBAN AREAS)
The report describes various attempts made to elucidate the traffic safety situation in urban areas on the basis of accident statistics, number of inhabitants, age distribution, street length and presence of traffic safety measures. The purpose of the report has not been to compare the traffic safety situation prevailing in different urban areas, but rather to emphasize, based on various traffic safety measurements and analysis, the need for further information necessary to describe the traffic safety situation.
- Text in Swedish; abstract and summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)Olaus Magnus vaeg 35
Linkoeping, Sweden SE-581 95
- Nilsson, G
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway transportation; Population; Research; Statistics; Streets; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00329160
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-193
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM