EFTERGIVLIGA BELYSNINGSSTOLPAR: UTVECKLING AV EN PROVNINGSMETOD OCH FOERSLAG TILL KRAV (BREAKAWAY AND YIELDING LUMINAIRE SUPPORTS; DEVELOPMENT OF A TEST METHOD AND PROPOSALS FOR COMPLIANCY REQUIREMENTS)
In order to specify national requirements on crashworthiness of roadside hazards a new test method has been used. A moving barrier with a deformable front has been developed and 59 tests have been made with different types of breakaway and yielding luminaire supports, roadsigns and wooden utility poles. The method has worked satisfactorily and the use of a deformable moving barrier is proposed for crash testing of most types of roadside safety appurtenances.
- Text in Swedish; abstract and summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
- Turbell, T
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Breakaway supports; Crash injury research; Crashes; Highway traffic control; Impact tests; Luminaires; Performance tests; Research
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00329157
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-204
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM