SPECIFIC LUMINANCE MEASUREMENTS OF ROAD MARKINGS AND ROAD SURFACES IN THE FIELD: COMPARISONS BETWEEN INSTRUMENTS
Comparative measurements of specific luminance of road markings and road pavements have been made on the road by three portable instruments with different geometries of measurement. The results show that there are no simple relations between measurement values of these instruments over types of road markings, pavements and/or measurement occasions. These results are discussed and different explanations are proposed. The main conclusion is that further knowledge should be reached by making comparative measurements between each instrument and an independent laboratory set up of the geometry of each instrument.
- Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
- Lundkvist, S O
- Helmers, G
- YTTERBOM, U
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Equipment tests; Field tests; Luminance; Measurement; Pavements; Roads; Texture
- Old TRIS Terms: Markers; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00329156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-188A
- Files: NTIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM