KOSTNADER/NORMERINGSFAKTORER FOER POLISRAPPORTERADE TRAFIKOLYCKOR PA DET STATLIGA VAEGNAETET MED HAENSYN TAGEN TILL OLYCKSTYP OCH TRAFIKMILJOE (COSTS/CORRECTION FACTORS FOR POLICE-REPORTED ACCIDENTS ON THE STATE ROAD NETWORK WITH RESPECT TO TYPE OF ACCIDENT AND TRAFFIC ENVIRONMENT),
In the latest priority assessment of road projects made by the Swedish Road Administration police-reported accidents were corrected with respect to type of accident and urban/rural area. Correction implies a differentation of accident costs in order to consider the severity of accidents and to compensate the variation in degree of accident reporting. The present study, sponsored by the Swedish Road Administration, investigates which of the factors type of accident, urban/rural area, speed limit, county and paved width that is most important to take into consideration in correction of police-reported road accidents. In this investigation accident data from the years 1975-78 was used (about 100,000 accidents). According to the results accident cost primarily vary with type of accident and speed limit but also the variations by county are considerable enough to be taken into consideration in the correction of accidents.
- Text in Swedish; abstract and summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- BRUEDE, U
- Larsson, Johan
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Estimates; Pavements; Rural areas; Statistical analysis; Traffic crashes; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00329153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-240
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM