A BRIEF SURVEY OF THE RAILROADS OF PRINCIPAL INDUSTRIAL COUNTRIES
This study was undertaken to determine the current position of rail systems in principal industrial countries, most of which have been nationalized for many years. The survey includes the railroads of seven nations other than the United States, and concentrates primarily on the period between 1964 and 1968. The latter year is the latest period for which detailed financial results are generally available. Comparative data is included on the Union Pacific Railroad Company. This is essentially a statistical survey.
Union Pacific Railroad345 Park Avenue
New York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1971-2
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Policy
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Canadian National; Canadian National Railways; Canadian Pacific; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Nihon kokuyu tetsudo; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais; Union Pacific Railroad
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Union Pacific Railroad
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM