VEHICLE CRASHWORTHINESS AND AGGRESSIVENESS. VOLUME II: MEASUREMENT OF AGGRESSIVENESS FOR SAFETY STANDARDS COMPLIANCE
Results of crash tests conducted with a load cell barrier test device (both moving and fixed) were analyzed in hopes of determining suitability of the device for future compliance test measurement of frontal vehicle aggressiveness. Responses of cars crashed against the load cell barrier were compared with responses against the standard fixed rigid barrier. In addition, an analytical study was performed to explore the capability of different types of barriers for measuring aggressiveness.
- Volume 1, PB81-166134 is HS-805 712 and Volume 3, PB81-190589 is HS-805 714.
East Liberty, OH USA 43319
- MacLaughlin, T F
- SAUL, R
- MORGAN, R M
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggression; Barriers (Roads); Collisions; Compact automobiles; Crash cushions; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Impact tests; Large automobiles; Manual safety belts; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Passenger vehicles; Protection; Safety; Safety equipment; Standards; Testing; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Large car; Small car
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00329145
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt., HS-805 713
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1982 12:00AM