AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE DATA BASE FOR MODEL YEARS 1976-1979. PART II: APPENDIX E AND F
An update of the existing data base was developed to include life cycle maintenance costs of representative vehicles for the model years 1976-1979. Repair costs as a function of time are also developed for a passenger car in each of the compact, subcompact and mid-size body classes. In addition, a cost comparison of engine and transmission repairs is made for a typical domestic full size passenger car and representative imported passenger car over the projected vehicles' lifetime of 100,000 miles.
- See also Part 1, PB81-166118.
Chilton Company, IncorporatedOne Chilton Way
Philadelphia, PA United States 19089
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Milne, J A
- Eissler, H C
- Cantwell, C R
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 390 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Automobiles; Compact automobiles; Costs; Data collection; Databases; Fabrication; Labor market; Life span; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Repairing; Service life; Standards; Tables (Data); Transmissions; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Automobile makes; Maintenance standards; Repair costs; Shop maintenance
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00329143
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-NHTSA-8026IIFinal Rpt., HS-805 565
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1515
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1982 12:00AM