SOME CONSIDERATIONS WITH RESPECT TO DISAGGREGATE MODELLING
The purpose of this paper is to contribute to the discussion of the theoretical issues of disaggregate modelling with respect to travel decisions; in particular the theory behind the logit formulation. In the second chapter, a short resume will be given on the classical general utility theory. It also covers the theoretical approaches behind the logit specification. Finally, the last chapter compares the classical approach with the 'disaggregate' approach and tries to assess whether there are differences between both theories and, if so, how serious these differences are.
Nederlands Vervoerswetenschappelijk Inst.,
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Consumption; Decision making; Demand; Mathematical models; Transportation; Travel; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00329120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM