HUMAN FACTORS REQUIREMENTS FOR REAL-TIME MOTORIST INFORMATION DISPLAYS. VOLUME 5. BIBLIOGRAPHY AND SELECTED ANNOTATIONS: AUDIO SYSTEMS
The report provides a review of past studies concerned with motorist information presentation using audio and mixed mode (visual and audio) signing techniques. The first part of the report presents a bibliography (through 1976) sub-divided into the following topic areas: (A) Real-Time Motorist Information By Audio Systems; (B) Highway Radio Systems; (C) Speech, Hearing, and Communication Techniques; (D) Audio Information: Presentation Rates, Length, Context, Format, Style; and (E) Masking, Loudness, and Audio Intelligibility. The latter part of the report contains selected annotations of directly relevant studies involving audio and mixed mode information presentation.
- See also Volume 6, PB81-173650.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Mounce, J M
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Audible warning devices; Bibliographies; Communication; Communication systems; Driver information systems; Drivers; Freeways; Guidelines; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Radio; Real time control; Reviews; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Vision
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices; Displays; Real-time systems; Visual communication
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00329098
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 9 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8505
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM