HUMAN FACTORS REQUIREMENTS FOR REAL-TIME MOTORIST INFORMATION DISPLAYS. VOLUME 4. BIBLIOGRAPHY AND SELECTED ANNOTATIONS: VISUAL SYSTEMS
The report provides a review of past studies concerned with motorist information presentation using visual displays. The first part of the report presents a bibliography (through 1976) sub-divided into the following topic areas: (A) State-of-the-Art; (B) Laboratory and Questionnaire Studies; (C) Changeable Message Sign Systems; (D) Warning Devices; (E) Route Choice and Diversion; (F) Instrumented Vehicle Studies; (G) Freeway Corridor Operations; and (H) Signing - General. The latter part of the report contains selected annotations of directly relevant studies involving visual information presentation.
- See also Volume 5, PB81-173643.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McNees, R W
- Richards, S H
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Communication; Corridors; Driver information systems; Drivers; Freeways; Guidelines; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Laboratory studies; Questionnaires; Real time control; Reviews; Route choice; State of the art studies; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Variable message signs; Vision; Visual aids; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices; Displays; Real-time systems; Visual communication
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00329097
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 8 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8505
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM