HUMAN FACTORS REQUIREMENTS FOR REAL-TIME MOTORIST INFORMATION DISPLAYS. VOLUME 2. STATE-OF-THE-ART: MESSAGES AND DISPLAYS IN FREEWAY CORRIDORS
The report is a state-of-the-art of real-time motorist information displays for freeway corridors covering a period through February 1975. Emphasis is on messages and displays. Since the emphasis in previous years has been in the visual display mode of communication by the use of changeable message signs, the bulk of the report addresses this area. The last section of the report deals with audio modes.
- See also Volume 1, PB-297157 and Volume 3, PB81-173627.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Dudek, C L
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Driver information systems; Drivers; Freeways; Guidelines; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Radio; Reviews; State of the art studies; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Variable message signs; Vision
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices; Displays; Visual communication
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00329095
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 6 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8505
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM