FEDERALLY COORDINATED PROGRAM OF HIGHWAY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, 1980
The report is the seventh in a series on activities and achievements in highway research and development (R&D) in the Federally Coordinated Program (FCP) of Highway Research and Development, a cooperative program between the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the States. This report briefly describes the goals and programs of the FCP, FCP accomplishments in highway R&D during fiscal year 1980, and the organization and facilities of FHWA's Offices of Research and Development. Specific accomplishments in safety research, traffic operations research, environmental research, materials research, structural research, and highway maintenance are cited. The report covers research under the FCP financed with Federal-aid highway funds, such as that conducted under the Highway Planning and Research (HP&R) Program and the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), as well as research and development efforts conducted by FHWA staff and contractors.
- See also PB-280700.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Coordination; Cost allocation; Cost engineering; Design standards; Development; Environmental impacts; Federal aid; Federal government; Highway maintenance; Highway operations; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Highways; Maintenance management; Operations research; Research; Research management; State government; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations; Traffic operations research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00329074
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM