Long Reach Boom Design for the Caterpillar Excavator (CAT 375L)
Excavator is a typical hydraulic heavy-duty human-operated machine applicable in general versatile construction operation, such as digging, ground leveling, carrying loads, and dumping loads . The aim of this article is to establish the design process of a new long reach boom for the Caterpillar excavator (CAT 375) for dredging in harbors and dams. The length of both the boom and the stick in extended mode can reach up to the maximum digging depth of 17.2 m. The capacity of the bucket for this new model of long reach boom is 0.8 m³. Among common reach booms of CAT 375L, the maximum digging depth is 11.68 m . In the current design, the lengths of boom and stick as well as the material properties were selected based on the maximum pressure of hydraulic circuit and stability against overturning of excavator. This special long reach boom excavator was used in Assalouyeh construction harbor.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Abstract reprinted with permission of SAE International.
- Gholami, Morteza
- Bathaee, Kamal
- Publication Date: 2019-1-28
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 2019-01-5008
- TRT Terms: Booms (Lifting equipment); Dredging; Dynamic stability; Equipment design; Excavating equipment; Hydraulic equipment
- Identifier Terms: Caterpillar Inc.
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01712185
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: SAE International
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2019-01-5008
- Files: TRIS, SAE
- Created Date: Jun 4 2019 11:30AM