EFFECTIVE WARNING DEVICES FOR PARKED/DISABLED VEHICLES; EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The summary reviews the results of an experiment, sponsored by the FHWA and carried out at the Maine Facility, which examined the effectiveness of several alternative warning devices to be used on/with parked/disabled vehicles (PDVs) at the roadside to warn motorists of the PDV's presence. Devices tested included standard four-way warning flashers and warning triangles.
- See also report dated Oct 80, PB81-158396. Prepared in cooperation with Maine Dept. of Transportation, Bangor. Materials and Research Div.
University of Maine, OronoSocial Science Research Institute
Orono, ME United States 04469
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lyle, R W
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Flashers; Lamps; Motor vehicles; Parking; Prevention; Rural areas; Safety; Surveys; Traffic incidents; Triangles; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disabled vehicles; Parked vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00329047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-80- 64 Final Rpt., HS-033 369, FCP 31M2-052
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9401
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM