MARKET ANALYSIS AND CONSUMER IMPACTS SOURCE DOCUMENT - PART I THE MOTOR VEHICLE MARKET IN THE LATE 1970'S
The source document on motor vehicle market analysis and consumer impact consists of three parts. Part I is an integrated overview of the motor vehicle market in the late 1970's, with sections on the structure of the market, motor vehicle trends, consumer trends, and market outlook. Part II consists of studies and reviews on: motor vehicle sales trends; motor vehicle fleet life and fleet composition; car buying patterns of the business market; impact of down sizing on automotive preference of new car buyers; demand for light trucks, recreational vehicles, used cars, and station wagons; and consumer expenditures for private motor vehicle transportation. Part III consists of studies and reviews on: consumer awareness of fuel efficiency issues; consumer acceptance of fuel efficient vehicles; car size choices; passenger car choices; truck choices; and motor vehicle usage trends.
- See also Part II, HS-805 264, TRIS 337224.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Schaeffer, K H
- Lesueur, O
- Hollingsworth, L
- Yarmus, J
- Rudman, L
- Westenberg, D
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Consumers; Demand; Economic forecasting; Fuel consumption; Light trucks; Maintenance; Market research; Marketing; Motor vehicles; Prices; Product development; Purchasing; Recreational vehicles; Sales; Trucks; Used vehicle industry
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00329043
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-NHTSA-80-2.IFinal Rpt., HS-805 263
- Contract Numbers: PPA-HS-163
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM