ALTERNATIVE GROUND SERVICE FOR SMALL COMMUNITIES
This Report surveys the opportunities for provision of air transportation access to small communities by ground transportation. It is intended to: (1) Describe the characteristics of selected airport ground transportation operations; (2) Describe the regulatory enviornment within which airport ground transportation must operate; (3) Describe the competitive environment of the airport ground transportation industry, especially competition with communter airlines; and to (4) Present the advantages and disadvantages of, and the potential for, commercial ground access operators providing service to small communities in lieu of scheduled air service.
Simat, Helliesen and Eichner, IncorporatedNew York, NY United States
Department of TransportationOffice of the Secretary of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- SMITH, D G
- Publication Date: 1980-10-5
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airports; Communities; Competition; Ground vehicles
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00329022
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-80048
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 2003 12:00AM