HUMAN FACTORS REQUIREMENTS FOR REAL-TIME MOTORIST INFORMATION DISPLAYS. VOLUME 12. SUPPLEMENT TO TRAFFIC STATE DESCRIPTORS AND ROUTE DIVERSION AND GUIDANCE STUDIES
The report contains the experimental designs for the human factors laboratory studies concerned with visual modes of information presentation. Results of these studies are documented in Volumes 10 and 11.
- See also Volume 13, PB81-173726.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Huchingson, R D
- Koppa, R J
- Edwards, M L
- Dudek, C L
- Brackett, R Q
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Design; Driver information systems; Drivers; Freeways; Guidelines; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Laboratory studies; Radio; Real time control; Real time data processing; Reviews; Route guidance; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Traffic signs; Vision
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices; Displays; Traffic sign design; Visual communication
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00328987
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 16 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-11-8505
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM