LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER MOTIVATION
Man's thinking is more or less guided or directed by three basic factors: Freedom from hunger, freedom from danger, and security. The locomotive engineer has these three factors. The question then is how to reach this man who has the basic needs of life? By applying the most powerful motivator in the world--usually, it is so personal, so closely identified with each person's ego that most people will not admit even having it or being motivated by it, but it is there, always. It is the need to feel important, and it is the most powerful motivation in the world. The motivation, the need to feel important, supplies the power, the drive, to do something outstanding.
- Thirty-Seventh Annual Proceedings of the Railway Fuel and Operating Officers Association, 1973.
Railway Fuel and Operating Officers Association10414 South Wood Street
Chicago, IL USA 60643
- Ziegler, A B
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Locomotives; Motivation; Psychological aspects
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive engines
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054597
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1976 12:00AM