HUMAN FACTORS REQUIREMENTS FOR REAL-TIME MOTORIST INFORMATION DISPLAYS. VOLUME 8. ANALYSIS OF DRIVER REQUIREMENTS FOR INTRACITY TRIPS
The primary objective of this report is to document a systems analysis conducted to determine driver information requirements for intracity trips in freeway corridors when incidents occur on the freeway. The analysis begins with the pre-trip planning a driver goes through; the decisions which he makes during his trip; and the decisions he makes at his destination.
- See also Volume 9, PB81-173684.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Carvell, J D
- Whitson, R H
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Decision making; Driver information systems; Drivers; Freeways; Guidelines; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Information systems; Needs assessment; Radio; Real time control; Real time data processing; Route choice; Traffic control; Urban areas; Vision
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Display devices; Displays; Visual communication
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00328983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78- 12 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8505
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM