CHANGES IN MOTOR VEHICLE BUYER ATTITUDES AND MARKET BEHAVIOR
An analysis is made of the impact of fuel efficient motor vehicle design changes on the attitudes and market behavior of buyers of new motor vehicles over time. Car buyer profiles are prepared describing by make, demographic characteristics, owner satisfaction, reasons for buying, car characteristics, source of sales, and owner loyalty. The truck profiles include demographic characteristics, characteristics of new vehicle purchased, other trucks and vans owned, alternate purchase decision, and vehicle useage. The analysis focuses on determining the statistically significant changes that occurred among buyers of specific makes when new fuel efficient designs are introduced and tracking their changes through time.
Rogers National Research, Incorporated3035 Moffat Drive
Toledo, OH United States 43614
Idaho State Traffic Safety Commission2419 West State Street
Boise, ID United States 83702
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Green, P E
- Rogers, P W
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Automobiles; Consumers; Demand; Demographics; Fuel consumption; Market research; Marketing; Motor vehicles; Purchasing; Sales; Trade; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00328976
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-NHTSA-80-29 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1720
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM