EINFLUSS VON PARK-AND-RIDE-ANLAGEN AUF DIE VERKEHRSAUFTEILUNG UND ZWECKMAESSIGE LAGE VON PARK-AND-RIDE-PLAETZEN (INFLUENCE OF PARK AND RIDE INSTALLATIONS ON TRAFFIC DISTRIBUTION AND APPROPRIATE LOCATION OF PARK AND RIDE SITES)
To begin with, a system-related analysis is carried out to point out the manifold dependencies, interconnections, and feedbacks between P + R transport on the one hand and private car and public transportation, supply situation, land use pattern and user behavior on the other. Models, suitable for the quantification of P + R transport, are formulated and their applicability is discussed with respect to different marginal conditions. A main component of this paper is the determination of the characteristic values determining the volume of P + R transport. The quantitative dependencies of P + R transport volumes are analyzed using the traffic region of Hamburg as an illustration. Thorough test computations are followed by the selection of regression models. These models permit a good interpretation of the operating mechanism between P + R transport and structural data on the one hand and data on public and private car transportation on the other, although the models are simply structured.
- Text in German.
Bundesministerium fuer Verkehr, Bonn-Bad GodesbergBonn, Germany
- Grossmann, H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Mathematical models; Parking facilities; Public transit; Surveying; Surveying; Transportation; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00328971
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Issue 221
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 21 2002 12:00AM