SYSTEMS OPERATION STUDIES FOR AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS: REPRESENTATIVE APPLICATION AREAS FOR AGT
The purpose of the Application Area Definition task is to define the travel demands and guideway networks for a set of representative AGT system deployments. These demands and networks, when combined with detailed descriptions of the systems and their operating characteristics, define the representative systems to be modeled and analyzed in other tasks within the SOS program. Results of the definition of representative AGT system deployments for analysis in the AGT-SOS program are presented in this report. Each deployment consists of a demand type, an AGT system, and a guideway network type. Seven demand types, including three metropolitan areas, two central business districts, and two activity centers are defined, and a representative locale of each type is chosen. Station-to-station demands generated after the process for generating zone-to-zone demands for the metropolitan area applications are also presented. The following seven guideway network types are defined: shuttle, loop, one-way loop, two-way loop, multiple loop, partially connected grid, and fully connected grid. Ten AGT systems have been defined in another phase of the AGT-SOS program. From among the possible combinations of demands, systems, and networks, 19 representative deployments are selected, and a network is presented for each. The results of network flow analyses, in which the compatibility between the network and the station-to-station demand is evaluated, are presented for the representative SLT deployments.
- See also PB80-226509.
General Motors CorporationWarren, MI United States 48090
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Cowan, R
- Bonderson, L
- Alberts, F
- Publication Date: 1980-11
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Data collection; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Passengers; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Scheduling; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Network flows; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00328968
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-80-30 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1220
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM