LORAN-C RFI MEASURED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
Radio noise and RFI at and near frequencies employed by Loran-C radio navigation systems were investigated in portions of Los Angeles, California. Emphasis was placed on the definition of the detailed time and frequency domain structure of noise and RFI which might degrade the reception of Loran-C signals in urban, suburban, and industrial areas of Los Angeles. The measurements were directed toward obtaining an understanding of the noise and RFI environment which would be encountered by vehicularly installed Loran-C navigation systems. Measurements were made at and around the 100 kHz band of frequencies employed by Loran-C, and they were made from a mobile van. The noise and RFI instrumentation is described in this report.
- Prepared in cooperation with Systems Control, Inc., Palo Alto, CA.
Gould Information Identification IncorporatedFort Worth, TX USA
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Vincent, W R
- Sage, G
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Pagination: 238 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic interference; Industrial areas; Industrial buildings; Interference; Loran; Measurement; Noise (Communications); Radio; Radio frequency interference; Suburbs; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00328962
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-80-38 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1237
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM