UNTERSUCHUNG DES BAULICHEN AUFWANDES UND DER LEISTUNSFAEHIGKEIT VON AUTOBAHNKNOTEN. UNTERSUCHUNG DER LEISTUNGSFAEHIGKEIT VON KNOTENPUNKTEN UND DER BAUKOSTENEINSPARUNG BEIM STUFENWEISEN AUSBAU (COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF CONSTRUCTION EXPEDITURE AND CAPACITY OF MOTORWAY JUNCTIONS. INVESTIGATION INTO THE CAPACITY OF JUNCTIONS AND SAVINGS OF CONSTRUCTION COSTS BY MEANS OF STAGE CONSTRUCTION).
The cloverleaf junction is a special feature of the German motorway and is characterized by its economy. Its capacity under conditions of high turning traffic volumes is however problematical, in particular with respect to direct entrances from loops and tangents into frontage roads (roadways parallel to the motorway). By means of an alteration of the geometric design of these areas, a previous investigation resulted in an increase in capacity and improvement of traffic flow and safety. Due to the bottlenecks described and the increase in traffic density a growing number of motorway junctions were planned and built with direct ramps. These are however very costly and require large areas for accommodation. The present investigation has been carried out with the objective of developing improved cloverleaf designs and comparing the capacity and constructional expenditure with those of the cloverleaf design used hitherto and those of junctions with direct ramps.
- Text in German.
Bundesministerium fuer Verkehr, Bonn-Bad GodesbergBonn, Germany
- Trapp, K H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Construction; Costs; Frontage roads; Highway traffic control; Highways; Interchanges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00328959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Issue 230
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 21 2002 12:00AM