BARRIAERKOLLISION MED AMBULANS (BARRIER COLLISION TEST WITH AN AMBULANCE)
The present Swedish requirements on the collision safety in ambulances are restricted to general recommendations like 'The interior shall be made such as no injuries will occur'. This type of requirements are of course very difficult to expound since there are no indications of the type and severity of the collision for which the requirements have to be met. In order to initiate a development in this field and get some information on the present situation a 'standard' barrier collision at 52 kmph has been made with an old ambulance. Before the test a number of 5 50-percentile test dummies were installed in positions regarded as typical for an emergency mission. One dummy simulated a patient on the stretcher. All dummies used existing restraint systems.
- Summary in English and Swedish. Text in Swedish. Also pub. as ISSN 0347-6049.
- Turbell, T
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Ambulances; Crash injury research; Crash tests; Crashes; Human factors engineering; Manual safety belts; Research
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00328922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-206
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM