SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE OF THE SUBWAY ENVIRONMENT SIMULATION COMPUTER PROGRAM
This document summarizes the software maintenance activities performed to support the Subway Environment Simulation (SES) Computer Program. The SES computer program is a design-oriented analytic tool developed during a recent five-year research project focusing on methods for environmental control in underground rapid transit systems. As discussed in The Subway Environmental Design Handbook, computer simulation was used to overcome the deficiencies of closed-form mathematical modeling, and was validated using scale models and field-testing. The Handbook was developed as a guide and reference for the planning, design, construction, and operation of environmental control systems for underground rapid transit. Shortly after the publication of the Handbook, SES was released to the rail transit community for the purpose of reducing the environmental problems of existing systems, and to help plan facilities and establish standard procedures for improved environmental control in new systems. This report is published in order to aid users of the program in realizing these goals.
- See also report dated October 1975, PB-254790. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Parsons Brinckerhoff Quade and Douglas, IncorporatedOne Penn Plaza
New York, NY USA 10119
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 239 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic force; Aerodynamics; Air; Air conditioning systems; Atmospheric circulation; Computer programs; Environmental control; Environmental engineering; Environmental quality; Flow; Handbooks; Needs assessment; Rapid transit; Subways; Temperature control; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic effects; Rapid transit railways; Subway environment
- Subject Areas: Construction; Environment; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00328912
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-31 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1216
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM