DEVELOPMENT AND REVIEW OF DRIVER TRAINING RESEARCH NEEDS. VOLUME II: FINAL RECOMMENDED RESEARCH PLAN
The two-volume Final Report documents the development of a Driver Training Research Plan and presents the final Research Plan as the major product of the project. Volume II, "Final Recommended Research Plan," presents the final Research Plan which is comprised of 14 recommended research topics. The 14 topics are presented in a rank-ordered sequence as derived from the Review Board evaluation process. The topics are presented as follows: Risk Assessment, Teacher Preparation, Hazard Perception, Quality Control, Module Effectiveness, Training Technology Transfer, Performance Standards, Program Supervision Development, Remedial Teacher Preparation, Behavioral Analysis of Accidents, Transferable TSE Program, Computer-Based Training Modules, Psycho-Motor Test, and Alternate Delivery Agency. Final project recommendations are also included in Volume II.
- Volume 1 is HS-805 642.
Pabon, Sims, Smith and Associates, Incorporated1435 G Street, NW, Suite 603
Washington, DC USA 20005
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bowring, E R
- Sims, D M
- Ware, A S
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 173 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Data processing; Development; Driver performance; Driver training; Drivers; Education; Hazards; Instructors; Methodology; Motor skills; Personnel performance; Programming (Planning); Quality control; Research; Research projects; Risk assessment; Specialized training; Standards; Technology transfer
- Uncontrolled Terms: Psychomotor performance; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00328911
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., HS-805 643
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-02064
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM