AIR CUSHION VEHICLES: THEIR POTENTIAL FOR CANADA
This report is the result of a study into the feasibility of manufacturing and operating Air Cushion Vehicles (ACVs in Canada, prepared by a consortium of Canadian, British, and French organisations, commissioned by the Government of Canada. The purposes of the study were: 1. to ascertain whether ACVs are economically feasible for use and for manufacture in Canada. 2. to identify particular applications. 3. to outline the scope of the market. This report has identified a number of specific applications of currently available ACVs in Canada. The economic viability of each has been assessed and conclusions drawn in the light of Canadian environmental problems, current technology and limitations.
National Research Council of Canada1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0R6
- Publication Date: 1969-12
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 518 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Supply vessels; Surface effect ships
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic resupply; Economic analysis (Ses)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00015506
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NRCC 10820
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1974 12:00AM