ACCIDENT ANALYSIS - BREAKAWAY AND NONBREAKAWAY POLES INCLUDING SIGN AND LIGHT STANDARDS ALONG HIGHWAYS. VOLUME III: APPENDICES
Accident data were collected in this study from seven different geographic locations. The original two study areas that participated beginning January 1976 included: (1) Bexar County (including City of San Antonio), Texas; and (2) Anderson, Bourbon, Clark, Garrard, Fayette, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Scott, and Woodford Counties (including City of Lexington), Kentucky. In addition, five new study areas were incorporated between November, 1978, and October, 1979 and these included: (3) City of Dallas, Texas; (4) Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura Counties (including City of Los Angeles, California; (5) Washington, D.C.; (6) Salt Lake City, Utah; (7) Alameda, Contra Costa, Maria, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties (including city of San Jose), California. This Appendix contains a brief description of five of these study areas including their characteristics, population, automobile registrations, road mileage, pole counts, and accident counts. Similar information was not provided for Salt Lake City, Utah, and the six-county area of California so no descriptions are given for these study areas in this Appendix.
- See also Volume 1, PB81-137374, HS-805 604 and HS-805 605. Prepared in cooperation with University of Kentucky Research Foundation, Dynamic Science, Inc., Traffic Safety Research Corporation and Wayne T. VanWagoner and Associates.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Mak, K K
- Mason, R L
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 250 p.
- TRT Terms: Breakaway supports; Cost effectiveness; Crash investigation; Data analysis; Evaluation; Highway transportation; Mathematical analysis; Performance; Poles (Supports); Safety; Statistical analysis; Street lighting; Traffic crashes; Traffic signals; Traffic signs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00328860
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SWRI-11-4313-VOL-3 Final Rpt., HS-805 606
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01266
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM