INTERIM REPORT ON THE SIGNIFICANCE OF BLUNT FLAWS IN PIPELINE GIRTH WELDS
Experiments are being performed to determine if slag, porosity or arc strikes are significant contributors to brittle fracture of pipeline girth welds.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Transportation, Washington, DC. Office of Pipeline Safety Operations. Pub. in Proceedings of International Conference on Pipeline and Energy Plant Piping, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, November 10-13, 1980, 8p.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD USA
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kasen, M B
- Mikesell, R P
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Joints (Engineering); Pipelines; Porosity; Slag; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Weld defects; Welded joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Brittle fracturing
- Subject Areas: Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00328858
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS56211420
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 2003 12:00AM