LIGHT TRUCK AGGRESSIVITY STUDY - TASK 3 ANALYSIS REPORT
The report summarizes the work performed and presents analysis of the relative aggressivity of a light truck compared to a full-sized passenger car in frontal, side and rear collisions. The analyses are based on comparisons of pertinent structural and occupant response parameters from the conducted tests with available data from previous NHTSA-sponsored collisions. Although the data base for the analysis was insufficient for an exact determination of light truck aggressivity, the results of this study appear to indicate that the light truck is slightly more aggressive than a full-size passenger car.
- See also HS-805 607--HS-805 609.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ United States 85027
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yee, R
- Cropper, R
- CARR, R
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash tests; Crashes; Durability; Motor vehicles; Research; Standards; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328856
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3051-79-87 Final Rpt., HS-805 596
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01942
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM