LIGHT TRUCK AGGRESSIVITY STUDY - TEST REPORT 5 - CAR-TO-CAR REAR-END IMPACT TEST
This test report presents the results of Test 3051-8, rear-end, symmetric, car-to-car collision. A 1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 4-door Sedan was used as the bullet vehicle for the test. The target vehicle used was a 1978 Dodge Omni 4-door Hatchback. The object of these tests is to provide car-to-car rear-end collision data. The crash test data from the program will be used to study the aggressivity of light trucks compared to that of passenger cars, support current vehicle standards, and provide information to upgrade future standards.
- See also HS-805 596, HS-805 607, and HS-805 608.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ United States 85027
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yee, R
- Copper, R
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash tests; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Data collection; Light trucks; Motor vehicles; Rear end crashes; Research; Standards; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3051-79-65 Final Rpt., HS-805 609
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01942
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM