ESTABLISHMENT OF A NATIONAL ACCIDENT SAMPLING SYSTEM (NASS) TEAM IN ASHLEY, CHICOT, DESHA, DREW, AND LINCOLN COUNTIES, ARKANSAS
The report describes the establishment of a National Accident Sampling System (NASS) accident data collection team in the southeastern Arkansas counties of Ashley, Chicot, Desha, Drew, and Lincoln. The purpose of the NASS team is to collect accident data within the study area according to a systematic national sampling methodology. The report describes the study area, recruitment of team members, working arrangements with local authorities, internal quality control procedures, and sampling procedures. Results of the investigation are tabulated and recommendations for improving NASS are offered.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lock, J R
- Cook, J M
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Crashes; Data collection; Methodology; Sampling; Statistical analysis; Traffic crashes
- Identifier Terms: National Accident Sampling System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Arkansas
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00328846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3664-F Final Rpt., HS-805 654
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01746
- Files: HSL, NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM