PEDESTRIAN INJURY CAUSATION PARAMETERS
Investigations were conducted of 337 auto/pedestrian accidents in Los Angeles, California. Each accident was investigated either on-scene or with a designated follow-up methodology. Applicable accidents were selected for investigation using a temporal sampling plan. Data concerning the collision environment, the involved vehicles and the pedestrian were collected for each case. Completed data forms were submitted to a Quality Control Contractor. Each case was reconstructed and the pertinent data was summarized.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Dynamic Science, Incorporated8531 East Florence Avenue
Downey, CA United States 90240
Washington, DC United States 20590
- BAIRD, J D
- Didion, J
- Heffernan, A
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Data collection; Pedestrian vehicle crashes; Pedestrian vehicle interface; Pedestrians; Sampling; Traffic conflicts; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00328845
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DSI-PICS-1 Final Rpt., HS-805 652
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01823
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM