TRAFIKPOLITISKA ATGAERDER FOER BAETTRE INNERSTADSMILJOE (TRAFFIC POLICY MEASURES FOR BETTER ENVIRONMENT IN THE INNER CITY)
Within the County Council of the County of Stockholm, the Traffic Committee has the responsibility of formulating the Council's traffic policies and, therewith, connected perspicuous traffic planning. In the detailed organization for the traffic office, which the County Council decided upon in 1976, it was stated that one of the most important tasks was to make a study of different economical and organizational measures to be considered to govern the traffic. This study is about different governing methods which will restrict automobile traffic in the inner-city of Stockholm. This study was initiated by the Traffic Committee in the month of May, 1977, in response to a suggestion made by the legislative group of the Center Party of the Swedish Parliament. A part of the assignment has been to make a study of a system with travel surcharge (car toll) for cars in order to improve the environment in the inner-city.
- Text in English and Swedish.
Department of TransportationTechnical Services Division, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Tegner, G
- Tengblad, B
- WIDLERT, S
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Central business districts; Cities; Cities and towns; Highway traffic; Local government; Planning; Policy; Reduction (Chemistry); Regulations
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; Reduction; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00328838
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRAFIKKONTORET-1/79
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM