OMEGA TRANSMITTER OUTAGES JANUARY TO DECEMBER 1979
An investigation of Omega transmitter outages during 1979 was conducted with emphasis on the occurrence of simultaneous downtimes. Data presented includes frequency and duration of outages and total yearly percentage shutdown for each transmitter, with scheduled outages specifically noted. The most significant dual outage lasted more than 5 days when Norway antenna repairs were coincident with Argentina annual maintenance. (Author)
- Continuation of Rept. nos. FAA-NA-78-61-LR and FAA-NA-78-61-LR.
Washington, DC United States
- Rzonca, L
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Area; Downtime; International; Omega navigation system; Reliability; Repairing
- Old TRIS Terms: Area coverage; Omega navigation
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00328837
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-CT-80-196, FAA-RD-80-113
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 2002 12:00AM