APPLICATION OF MICROPROCESSORS IN MEASUREMENT
IC technology is surveyed, particularly microprocessors, microcomputers, and related devices. With design efforts becoming so software-intensive the question of computer languages and language level is also addressed. To add perspective, the major microprocessor application areas of energy systems, automobiles, and man/machine interfacing are surveyed with emphasis on measurement rather than control. These are representative of the growing usefulness of inexpensive computer intelligence. In addition, two measurement system microprocessor-based design efforts under way at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory are described.
- International Symposium on Application of Microprocessors in Devices for Instrumentation and Automatic Control, London, England, 17 November 1980.
EG and G Idaho, IncorporatedP.O. Box 1625
Idaho Falls, ID United States 83401
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Johnson, M R
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Computer programming languages; Computer programs; Equipment; Integrated circuits; Measuring instruments; Microprocessors; Software
- Old TRIS Terms: Equipment interfaces; Uses
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00328499
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: AC07-76ID01570
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM