EXEMPTIONS TO THE FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT TRANSPORTATION SECTOR, WORKING PAPER NUMBER 10
The report will become a chapter in the MWSC technical report on Exemptions from the Fair Labor Standards Act. Discussion of 9 exemptions affecting the transportation sector identifies, when available, the number of employers and employees affected, the status of employee representation by labor organizations, employee earnings and direct wage increases resulting from removal of the exemption. A brief legislative history and unique structural or institutional aspects of each exempt sector are described to provide a further basis for evaluating the merits of each exemption. The report is not designed to develop an advocacy position for either retention or repeal of the exemptions under study.
Minimum Wage Study Commission1430 K Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005
- Fritsch, C F
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Air transportation; Employment; Freight transportation; Hours of labor; Labor unions; Legal factors; Legislation; Operations; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Salaries; Service time; Standards; Work rules
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Freight Transportation; Law; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00328464
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM