VAN CRASHWORTHINESS AND AGGRESSIVITY STUDY TEST REPORT 2, VAN-TO-CAR HEAD-ON IMPACT TESTS
The report presents the results of two symmetric, head-on van-to-car crash tests. Two different model vans were tested at speeds calculated to give a velocity change of 30 mph for the van. Bullet vehicles in both tests were 1979 Chevrolet Impala, 4-door sedans. Test 3052-7 was conducted using a 1978 Ford E-150 Econoline Van while Test 3052-8 used a 1979 Dodge B-200 Van. The objective of these tests was to study the aggressivity of vans, to provide baseline test data to support extension of FMVSS 208 to vans, and to provide initial information for the future FMVSS 400 series standards upgrading. The report contains all test results which include still photographs, dimensions, accelerometer location identification summaries of electronic data, and summaries of simulated occupant data.
- See also HS-805 613 and HS-805 617.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ United States 85027
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yee, R
- Cropper, R
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 137 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggression; Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Frontal crashes; Graphs; Impact tests; Motor vehicles; Research; Safety; Safety engineering; Standards; Vans; Vehicle characteristics
- Old TRIS Terms: Graphs charts
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328383
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3052-79-101B/1455 Final Rpt., HS-805 616
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01942
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM