LIGHT TRUCK AGGRESSIVITY STUDY - TEST REPORT 2 - TRUCK-TO-CAR 90 DEGREES LEFT SIDE IMPACT TESTS
The test report presents the results of Tests 3051-3 and 3051-4, 90 degrees left side truck-to-car collisions. Two 1979 Chevrolet C-10, 8-foot, full-bed, 8-cylinder, pickup trucks (bullet vehicle) were used for the tests. The car (target vehicle) used in Test No. 3051-3 was a 1978 Plymouth Horizon 4-door sedan. The car used in Test No. 3051-4 was a 1979 Chevrolet Impala 4-door sedan. The centerline of the bullet vehicle struck the H-point of the driver's side of the target vehicle. The object of these tests is to provide truck-to-car collision data. The crash test data from this program will be used to study the aggressivity of light trucks compared to passenger cars, support current vehicle standards, and provide information to upgrade future standards.
- See also HS-805 596, HS-805 607, and HS-805 609.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ USA 85027
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Yee, R
- Cropper, R
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggression; Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Impact tests; Light trucks; Motor vehicles; Research; Side collisions; Standards; Trucks; Vehicle characteristics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328382
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3051-78-190A Final Rpt., HS-805 608
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01942
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM