CHARACTERISTICS OF 1977 LICENSED DRIVERS AND THEIR TRAVEL: REPORT 1, 1977 NPTS (NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY)
The report is part of a series that provides findings from the 1977 Nationwide Personal Transportation Study (NPTS). The report provides information on characteristics of licensed drivers. The distribution of licensed drivers by place of residence, age and sex, is presented. Travel patterns of drivers are examined in terms of average annual miles driven by age and sex, place of residence, number of household drivers, number of household vehicles, and household incomes. Comparison of licensed drivers and average annual miles driven are made to data from the 1969 NPTS and trends over time are analyzed.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Asin, R H
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Data collection; Drivers; Gender; Highway transportation; Households; Human characteristics; Income; Licenses; Statistical analysis; Surveys; Travel; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver age; Driver characteristics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00328377
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PL-80/007 Final Rpt., HS-031 130
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1983 12:00AM